When you set up an account through our app, you agree to these terms. If you do not agree, then you should not create or sign into an account through our app.
1. About us. We are SmashCo Ltd (SmashCo, we, our, us) a company registered in England and Wales under number 12634504 with our address at 82 St John Street, London, England, EC1M 4JN.
2. What we do. We are on a mission to make healthier food more affordable for young people. We work with different businesses (such as restaurants, takeaways, food brands and supermarkets – which we call our Business Partners) to agree discounts and offers on their products. We create a code which you can use to access these discounts and offers.
3. About our app users. You must only use our app if you live in the UK and only use our voucher codes if you are aged 13-24,. You must only use the code for yourself or your close friends and family. You must not use our app for any business purposes.
a. How do we verify your age? We use a company called Yoti to verify your age when you set up your account. You will be asked to provide your birthday month and year and take a selfie. You will receive a notification which tells you whether you have passed the age check.
b. What if you don’t pass the age verification check? If you don’t pass the age check, you cannot access the codes on our app but you can still read the information about the different types of products and our Business Partners, and sign up to our mailing list to receive updates from us. If you do not agree with the outcome of the check, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes the technology gets it wrong, and if we receive evidence that you are aged between 13-24 then we can manually approve you and give you access to the discounts. We will let you know what evidence we require when you email us. It is our decision who can access our discounts, and we may decide not to grant you access. If this happens, we will let you know by email and explain our decision.
4. About our voucher codes. We have three different types of voucher codes – printable, online or show-your-phone. If you do not use the voucher code correctly, you may not receive your discount (e.g. if you download a printable voucher but show your phone in store, the staff can refuse to apply the discount).
a. Our Business Partners sometimes have additional terms which apply to the discounts. When you choose a specific voucher, below the code we list (or there is a link to) the additional conditions set by our Business Partners. You should read their terms to understand if there are any other rules around how you can use the voucher code (e.g. if it expires by a specific date, only applies in specific areas in the UK, can only be used for specific products).
b. We can’t promise that you’ll be able to use the code you download. We have no control over whether specific products are available (e.g. the shop or restaurant might run out of stock) or if our Business Partner decides to end their offer early - so we cannot guarantee you will be able to redeem your voucher code.
c. We don’t promise that the nutritional or allergy information about the products is correct. Our Business Partner is responsible for the food or drink labelling on their products, and for ensuring that information is correct. If you have any questions or complaints, you should contact the relevant Business Partner directly.
5. Our app is free (but you should check any data charges). Our app is free to download and use, but your internet or data service provider might charge you for connecting to the internet or using mobile data to download.
6. Keep your password secret and your data safe. You should keep your password confidential and let us know if you think someone is using your account without your permission. You can let us know by emailing email@example.com. We also recommend that you install any updates we release as soon as possible, as these updates often include security updates which help keep your device and information safe from newly discovered cyber and technology threats.
7. We use your information (and sometimes share it with other organisations). Our Privacy Notice explains what information we use, what we use it for and who we share it with.
8. You can close your account at any time. You can delete the app from your device but this will not close your account. You can close your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. We might close your account if we think you are misusing our app. If we believe you are misusing our app (e.g. sharing our voucher codes on social media without our permission), we may decide to suspend or close your account. If this happens, we will let you know by email and explain our decision. If you are using our app for anything illegal, we may also report you to the police.
10. Any intellectual property in our app belongs to SmashCo or our Business Partners. You can only use our intellectual property (e.g. our name, our logo, our content) with our permission.
11. We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is either obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these terms, both SmashCo and you knew it might happen. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. If our app damages your device because we did not use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair your device or pay you compensation (except where that damage could have been avoided if you had installed a free app update we released).
12. Where you can bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you make a claim in the English courts or the courts of the country in which you live. Nothing in this paragraph affects your legal rights as a consumer.
ADDITIONAL APP STORE TERMS
The rules and policies of the app store you used to download our app (for example Apple’s App Store of Google’s Play Store) also apply so you should carefully read them.